Dec 6, 2011

Ready for Christmas

The countdown to Christmas is on and we finally finished decorating the house!

Modern traditional Southern Christmas decorations | The Lowcountry Lady

I painted the little snowmen in the picture below the first year that Jason and I celebrated Christmas together.  They remind me of some decorations my grandmother made and my mom displayed around our house when I was a kid.  



Modern traditional Southern Christmas decorations including ceramic snowmen | The Lowcountry Lady



I've also picked up a few topiary-like stars from a local garden center (Abide-A-While), added red ribbons, and hung them from our picture windows.  I think it looks kind of cottagey.



Modern traditional Southern Christmas decorations cottage stars | The Lowcountry Lady


Modern traditional Southern Christmas decorations cottage stars | The Lowcountry Lady
I love the simple wreaths with red bows that are so traditional here in the South.

Modern traditional Southern Christmas decorations simple window wreaths with red ribbon | The Lowcountry Lady


My favorite part of decorating our house is our fence.  We live on a corner lot and the fence adjacent to the street is just waist high.  I like adding ribbons and bunting to the posts for various holidays and for Christmas adding lighted garland.

These simple decorations make me happy.



Modern traditional Southern Christmas decorations simple fence garland with red ribbon | The Lowcountry Lady


We didn't do it this year, but I so love when people put little lit-in-white-lights Christmas trees on their porch.  Might give that a try next year.

What are your favorite Christmas decorations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Please leave a comment!