They are simple to make. Just layer a few ingredients in a jar before bed, toss some fresh fruit in when you wake up and voilà, you have breakfast! Plus, you can easily make a few at a time, so you can feed others or have breakfast ready and waiting for a few days.
Overnight Oats are so addictive, too! I didn't think I would like eating cold oats. You can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them if you like, but they are surprisingly good straight out of the fridge.
By the way, rolled oats are high in fiber and have tons of health benefits.
This week, I'm adding a generous bunch of the amazing strawberries we picked out at Wabi Sabi last weekend, but you can use almost any fruit you have. I like fresh berries best, but you can use frozen, and you can use other fruit like apples, banana or mango.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, or more based on your taste
- 1 tsp almonds
- 1 tsp honey (local honey helps alleviate allergies!)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup fruit
- Layer the oats, quinoa, cinnamon, almonds & honey into a jar or container.
- Top with almond milk.
- If you're using frozen fruit, go ahead and add it now.
- Cover and refrigerate at least overnight (I've found that I can make these a few days ahead and they're still so good)
- If you're using fresh fruit, add right before you serve.