Jul 24, 2015

The Last of the Tomatoes


A huge storm blew through last night and took our last tomato plant.  This is bad news for a couple reasons.  First of all, homegrown tomatoes are better than anything you'll ever buy in a store.  Blech.  The thought of hydroponic tomatoes, probably grown in a factory, puts an awful taste in my mouth.  Or no taste in my mouth.  Awful!



Another reason that losing our tomato plant leaves me melancholy, is that tomatoes are a sign of summer.  Without tomatoes on our windowsill, I'm reminded that summer won't last.  To me, that's one of the most saddening thoughts.

Let's take this in a happier direction.  How about a top ten list?  Top Ten Ways to Eat Tomatoes!

10. Succotash
9.  Tomato on a Burger
8.  Caprese Salad with Bacon
7.  Tomato Pie - check out my recipe here!
6.  Grilled with a Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
5.  Chunky Watermelon, Peach & Tomato Salsa
4.  Sliced with Fresh Ground Pepper and Sea Salt
3.  Open-face Tomato, Basil & Goat Cheese with Balsamic Vinaigrette 
2.  Fresh Homemade Guacamole
1. Tomato & Dukes Mayo Sandwiches

Please share your favorite tomato recipe with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and ideas. Please leave a comment!