Sep 4, 2015

Don't plant too soon!

Seems that one of my biggest struggles every fall is trying to be patient and wait for the right time to plant fall annuals.  Local home improvement and grocery stores are proudly displaying shades of beautiful mums and they scream at me to take them home!

I. Will. Wait.  Wait until it's cool enough for the beautiful fall flowers to have a fighting chance.

In the meantime, I can plan.  I love mums and pansies.  Maybe I'll try to work in something different this year.  And, we can't forget about the vegetable garden.  Collards and other greens, maybe some onions too.

Here are a few pictures of what we've done in the past.


Mums and other fall flowers | The Lowcountry Lady

Mums, Pansies, and other fall flowers | The Lowcountry Lady

Fall vegetable garden with collard greens and onions | The Lowcountry Lady

I'd love to hear what you're thinking of planting this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and ideas. Please leave a comment!