Let's start with a few pictures -
- 3-4lb Pork Loin (we used tenderloin this time because I didn't know the difference when purchasing. Oops.)
- 1 8oz block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 4 Tbs of Apple Cranberry Chutney (I like Stonewall Kitchen's and found it at Coastal Cupboard)
- Heat the egg to 350°. We added a couple pieces of apple wood tonight.
- Roll cut the pork loin. This video has a very good demonstration if you want to see what this technique looks like.
- Spread the cream cheese across the meat. You could also add a little goat cheese or replace the cream cheese with goat cheese completely.
- Spread or dot the chutney over the cream cheese. Use whatever kind of chutney you love.
- Top the spread with a layer of clean, dry spinach leaves.
- Roll the loin and tie it with string.
- Place the loin on the egg and cook it to an internal temp of 140° then remove it and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Tips for next time:
- Pork loin and pork tenderloin are not the same thing. Buy the pork loin.
- Consider adding an herb rub on the outside - it could have used a little something.