Apr 18, 2015

Housewarming gift idea


My sister-in-law moved into the cutest house last year.  We know it's a home she'll want to remember and we wanted to give her a meaningful housewarming gift.

We decided on a photo print of the house and thought about several ways that we could make it special.

Here is the picture we started with:


Housewarming idea, framed print of the house | The Lowcountry Lady

Look at that turquoise front door.  So cute!  Anyway, I wanted to add a little whimsy and an artistic feel to the picture.  I decided to use the Waterlogue app to give the print a watercolor look.


Housewarming idea, framed print of the house | The Lowcountry Lady

I had this printed by Artifact Uprising onto really thick paper.  Then, because she seems to like reclaimed pieces, I knew this frame from Past to Present Decor would be perfect.  The Past to Present shop owners sell frames at the Charleston Farmer's Market, but also ship all over from their Etsy shop.


Housewarming idea, framed print of the house | The Lowcountry Lady

I really liked how this turned out.  I might even make something similar for my own house.  Most importantly though, my sister-in-law really seemed to love this gift.

What is the best housewarming gift you've received?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and ideas. Please leave a comment!