My recipe loosely follows these instructions from BBQ Pit Boys.
Recipe for Two Beer Can Burgers
- 1 lb hamburger (80/20 works well)
- Filling of your choice
- 4 slices regular cut bacon
- Slide cheese to top the burgers
- A canned beer or two, can cleaned
- Heat your egg to about 350 with plate setter inside.
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Divide your hamburger meat in half and form each half into a ball.
- Push the beer can into the meat and press the meet the meat around the sides of the can to form a cup.
- Wrap two stripes of bacon around the meat and remove the can.
- Add filling. I highly recommend including some cream cheese.
- Top with cheese.
- Offer the beer to your husband, or drink it yourself.
- Place a drip-pan into the egg, add your grate & let the grate heat up.
- Place your burgers on the egg and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!