Jul 13, 2015

Creamy Artichoke Green Chili Dip

Don't certain recipes have a way of stirring up memories?  This one is adapted from one that I first sampled while I was living in Boulder, Colorado.  I was in my first or second year as an undergrad at CU when I went with a friend of mine to visit an aunt.  She was amazing.

I think I'd met this aunt a few times before, but she didn't know me well.  I remember being inspired by her welcoming nature.  She said, "the more, the merrier," and she meant it.  It was more that that though.  She really payed attention when she was talking to someone.  She asked questions.  She shared stories, advise, and encouragement.  She was kind, but real.

She is known for her enchiladas, but my favorite recipe of hers is her artichoke dip.  This recipe calls for green chilies, instead of spinach, which is part of what makes it so good.  And, it's super simple too.


Sally's Spinach Artichoke Dip

Ingredients
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 small can diced green chilies, drained
1 cup mayo (Dukes, preferably)
1 small container reduced fat sour cream
1 pack of cream cheese at room temp
salt and pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.  Stir cream cheese in a medium size bowl with a wooden spoon until soft.  Add mayo and sour cream and stir until combined.  Fold in the artichoke and green chilies.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Transfer to a baking dish.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the sides start to turn golden brown.

Serve with the new Tostidos Rolls (my new favorite) or Fritos!

This recipe is also great cooked on the BGE. :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and ideas. Please leave a comment!